View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:12 pm

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

ojoyo, here is a small section on a site from a man who is documenting Ron's prophetic blunders:
Quote:
To recap the main points, the jobs of the Two Witnesses are over. Despite all his failures, which is everything he prophesied, Ron is still a prophet. Oh, and an apostle to boot. Jesus Christ will still return on Pentecost. But not this one. Christ returns next Pentecost, May 19, 2013. That is, he will return on that date until he doesn’t and at that time Weinland will have another date.

The year in front of us is the “day of the Lord” mentioned in Act 2:20: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:” Ron had to invoke his special Strong’s Dictionary and Greek scholarship skills to rearrange that translation.

Over the next year, the thunders and trumpets will be fulfilled. Everything in “2008 — God’s Final Witness” will yet come to pass. And I’m not out of the woods as I’m still on the list of 7000 “named” to die. We on that list will be picked off over the next year.http://ronaldweinland.info/falseprophet/

One thing is certain, for Ron to keep the money flowing in and maintain his larger than life position as ‘pastor of God’s church’ ‘prophet, end-time Elijah, etc. and also maintain the faith of his devoted followers, Ron needs to have some element of truth in his date-setting prophecies. To say that he was right about the time but wrong about what to expect has been the tried and true method for creating faith in millions. The JWs did this as well as the Adventists before them; Harold Camping tried it in 1994 and again last year when he pushed Christ’s return off another 5 months. However, Ron has put a new twist on things with the day of the Lord lasting a year teaching. That is brilliant!

I’m actually proud of him for pulling off such an original save; now his deluded followers will have all the more reason to fund his message over the next year. Ron’s followers can now tell people ‘He was right about May 27th; it marks the beginning of that prophecy in Joel (also found in Acts).
They have Ron’s word to back it up. Ron knows how to shoehorn scripture to make it fit at just the right time! To bad he was not aware of the true meaning of Joel’s prophecy last weekend. A lot of people wouldn’t have suffered such a great disappointment. Well, better late than never. Now his followers know, Ron was right after all!
My article on the great disappointment: http://richkelsey.org/apocalypse_now.htm

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

Ron updated his site with these two paragraphs.
Quote:
The year 2008 marked the last of God’s warnings to mankind. The final countdown to the end of man’s self-rule began on May 27, 2012, and will end on Pentecost of 2013.

On December 14, 2008, the First Trumpet of the Seventh Seal of the Book of Revelation sounded, which announced the beginning collapse of the economy of the United States and great destruction that will follow. The next three trumpets will result in the total collapse of the United States, and once the Fifth Trumpet sounds the world will be thrust into WW III. http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness ... QAod3FJZVg

Just a week ago Ron was saying the end was set for May 27, 2012; not long before that the year 2006 marked the beginning of the final countdown and 2008 was the year set for the end of this age, with Christ returning to stop Armageddon. Ron has restarted the sounding of Revelations first trumpet twice now, as well as twice changing the year of Christ’s physical return.
This is my final post on Ron Weinland until May of 2013 when Jesus does not return once more and Ron ads a new twist to his story.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am
God of Mythbusters

The March of Folly continues on, Rich, keep track of this guy for us and tune us in when another abrogated end is in sight?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 am

teoma2 wrote:
The March of Folly continues on, Rich, keep track of this guy for us and tune us in when another abrogated end is in sight?

Thanks teoma2,

I was hoping someone would show an interest in this subject. I am always amazed at people who set specific dates for Armageddon and all the followers who support their message. People gave Harold camping $100,000,000.00 to spread his prophecy of Christ returning in 2011.

The man in New York who gave most of his retirement savings was really distraught for a few days when Jesus did not return; then, he told 60 minutes that he knows it will happen within a year. So, hey, he really didn’t need the money and it was spent on a good cause! That was 13 months ago.

Many who fall for the date setting prophecies quit their jobs, and spend their savings on the message. In the past people gave their homes to unbelievers as a testimony to their faith.

Then there is heaven’s gate, where they gave their very lives, all for some supposed return of Christ, who was in a spaceship hiding behind a comet just waiting for them. They had matching tennis shoes which may indicate the groups was a cult?
Quote:
After claiming that a space craft was trailing the comet Hale–Bopp, Applewhite convinced 38 followers to commit suicide so that their souls could board the supposed craft. Applewhite believed that after their deaths, a UFO would take their souls to another "level of existence above human," which Applewhite described as being both physical and spiritual. This and other UFO-related beliefs held by the group have led some observers to characterize the group as a type of UFO religion. In October 1996, the group purchased alien abduction insurance to cover up to 50 members at a cost of $10,000.[13]
The cult rented a 9,200-sq.-ft. mansion, located at 18241 Colina Norte (later changed to Paseo Victoria), in a gated community of upscale homes in the San Diego-area community of Rancho Santa Fe, California from Sam Koutchesfahani, paying $7,000 per month in cash.[14] The thirty-eight Heaven's Gate members, plus group leader Applewhite, were found dead in the home on March 26, 1997. …
The suicide was accomplished by ingestion of phenobarbital mixed with applesauce or pudding, washed down with vodka. Additionally, plastic bags were secured around their heads after ingesting the mix to induce asphyxiation. Authorities found the dead lying neatly in their own bunk beds, faces and torsos covered by a square, purple cloth. Each member carried a five-dollar bill and three quarters in their pockets. All 39 were dressed in identical black shirts and sweat pants, brand new black-and-white Nike Decades athletic shoes, and armband patches reading "Heaven's Gate Away Team" (one of many instances of the group's use of the Star Trek fictional universe's nomenclature).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s ... ious_group)

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:43 pm
God of Mythbusters

Maybe he really believes in himself? If he was a real con man, he probably wouldn't have set a date?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 pm

The Moonies have been told that January, 2013, is some kind of special day. Some are expecting Armageddon. Some are expecting all the wicked to be taken away. Some are expecting Rev. Moon to "ascend" (die). Some are not expecting much. A lot of fervent preparations for they-know-not-what.

I really am tolerant about religions and people expressing religious beliefs.
Unfortunately, all these failed prophets, prophecies, end-times, and messiahs, have left me jaded.
If someone wants my attention now, they have to offer something really, well, different - you know, like something that actually works and keeps working, or a bunch of significant, important prophecies that actually happen as prophesied.

I actually love some aspects of religion, but seem to draw arguments from people who believe strongly in one of them.
. . . . . If we were meant to have so many religions,
. . . . . God would have given us . . .
. . . . . . . . many gods and goddesses!

ojoyo
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:59 pm
Priest

teoma2 wrote:
Maybe he really believes in himself? If he was a real con man, he probably wouldn't have set a date?

I disagree. I think that by setting a date, it ensures the following of the fanatic style person that his religion is likely full of. It probably ensures more hefty donations as well when the time gets closer.

If you can pull the wool over their eyes once or twice, all the while stashing most of the funds, when people realize you are full of it you can take your stash and live the rest of your days in the bahamas.

MandyH
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm
Deacon

I agree with ojoyo.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:50 pm

MandyH wrote:
I agree with ojoyo.

Well, seeing that this thread is continuing on, I will add a little to the ongoing discussion.

Is Ron a conman? That’s a good question! I was on the phone with a Christian minister / teacher a few days ago and we were talking about how Ron came up with a whole new way to interpret a well known bible verse, which ended up lending scriptural support to what otherwise would have looked like a failed date-setting prophecy.

The minister blurted out: “He is a conman.”

I did not expect that reaction. However, it sure appears that Ron is not careful with God’s word. Here is a little section on this:
Quote:
“… Ronald Weinland spoke from Cincinnati for the second week in a row. Next weekend will be the third weekend in a row, with Johnny Harrell, Wayne Matthews, and other special guests in attendance. … Ron stated that without the Last Great Day sermon there would have been more carnage. As in more [of his followers] … becoming ex-members. I agree, and at the time figured that the Last Great Day sermon was getting his members mentally prepared for the upcoming failures of his prophecies. During the sermon today, Ron read emails from his members, a dozen or so (I didn’t count). All of them were buying Ron’s year of the lord explanation and after speedily shrugging off the failures are continuing to suck down the Flavor Aid.” http://ronaldweinland.info/falseprophet/

Also, if Ron really believed that Christ was going to return last weekend why didn’t he sell his expensive home on the golf course and use those funds for the ministry. He could have at least emptied funds from his Swiss Bank account.
One thing is certain: On Monday 6-4-12 Ron’s criminal trial commences for tax fraud. The IRS will try to prove that Ron did not pay enough in taxes, hid donation funds, and used supposed Church monies for personal use, for himself, his wife and his son.
Quote:
“The pre-trial conference in the matter of the criminal trial of False Prophet Ronald Weinland took place on Monday of last week. … the trial moves forward as scheduled beginning on June 4 with jury selection.” http://ronaldweinland.info/falseprophet/

It’s hard for me to understand how a man like Ron could actually fear God. The way he twisted a bible verse to suit his own needs is alarming. Yet, perhaps he is suffering from delusions, including delusions of grander. He claims he hears God’s voice often.

If his followers were not enabling him he would be doing less harm to people. A lot of money is being spent on Google Ads to keep his site ‘theend.com’ #1.

So, more dreams will be shattered next year about this time because the faithful are continuing to give their all in support of Ron’s message. Then, when they are broke and disillusioned some might lose faith in God altogether; like God had anything to do with Ron’s failed message.

My question: “Why would God pick Ron as His sole spokesman?

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 am
God of Mythbusters

Another case of 'self appointment'....just like Joseph Smith...the March of Folly continues with new sagas.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 pm

teoma2 wrote:
Another case of 'self appointment'....just like Joseph Smith...the March of Folly continues with new sagas.

The man who is covering Ron's criminal trial posted a few things today:
Quote:
Criminal Trial News Day 1
Jim Hannah of the Cincinnati Enquirer has written a nice summary of the first day of False Prophet Ronald Weinland’s trial for criminal tax evasion. The opposing sides made their opening statements.

Some highlights:

The prosecutor made a statement that agreed with statements that I’ve made, that Ron could get away with putting all tithe money into his pocket so long as he paid the income taxes on it.
Seems the tax loss has been revised to $244,000, down from $357,000
Weinland’s attorney mentioned that Ron told his followers about setting up the Swiss accounts
Laura’s diamonds and the gold were mentioned
Seems the church was paying for utilities on Ron and Laura’s mansion on the golf course. According to statements, the basement was used for shipping Ron’s books, and the church office is a single room. Seems to me that there was a facility in an industrial park for book shipments at one time.
Ron used church funds to pay the utilities and mortgage and a security system for Audra’s condominium, and to buy Jeremy a car and ship it to Germany after having paid his college tuition. But these were just perks for the work the kids did for the church.
Despite the pre-trial motions to limit discussion of religious views, Ron’s attorney mentioned them including his end-time views several times.
Read the full article at the Cincinnati Enquirer website.

Also, it’s interesting that Ron has posted a travel schedule on his blog, out of town every weekend beginning June 23 through the end of July.http://ronaldweinland.info/falseprophet/

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Between 8 -11 days from now, the end of the world will c  |  Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 am
Bishop

Location: Southern US (yes, there really is life outside of UT & post LDS)

Aren't you glad that deadline came & went? LOL