View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at 92.  |  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances among the Moonies. A lot of them are feeling very strongly about this. The death, their expectations and reactions, and what the leaders are saying will be happening next, are interesting to follow. They, too, have their ex-member sites, and the people there are - some of them - happy and disrespectful - others, neutral and considerate; still other exmoonies are almost reverent.

A big question is whether the Moon sons will get back together. One has been a sort of outcast for a couple of years I guess. They call him "fallen Adam" and his main supporter they call "Satan". That one seems to have more success with his world-wide programs to foster international peace, and success in marriage. There are questions about the background of some of the others. Rumors, some say there is convincing evidence about to be presented, of sexual infidelity even while preaching sexual fidelity from the pulpit, by two major players among the Moon children.

My view is that Moon did some great things. It does seem he helped arbitrate peace between certain hostiles. He ws instrumental in allowing cross-border visits between North and South Korea. He helped set up some factories in ( - I presume - ) poor areas of the world. His members got Clinton to establish "Parents Day" as a national holiday. His organizations sent tons of food into inner cities and disaster areas. He revived the American fishing industry. I'm saying all this off the top of my head, after having read a bunch of things. So I might not have it exactly right. For more negative stuff, you can see huffington post, new york times and several others.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/2/rev-sun-myung-moon-founder-times-dies-92/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/02/sun-myung-moon-unification-church-founder-dies-at-2/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443847404577627683756376536.html

markrichards
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:27 pm
Teacher

In my early days out of the mormon 'church' I started attending a Methodist Church; once people found out I was an ex mormon they handed me books. These were apologetic books that were, no doubt, given in love or concern. One of these books was written by some guy named Walter Martin.

I forget the book title, but it had a chapter on the "Moonies." When the reverend Moon started out, one of the doctrines espoused by Moon was something called "Blood cleansing." Here it how blood cleansing worked. Female initiates into their religion were required to have sex with the reverend Moon. No safe sex here, the good reverends 'sperm' carried the real 'majik' in making a woman sinless. The 'sinless' aspect would be passed to the male upon having sex with a female who, had sex with the good reverend. Children born from these type of unions were born without "sin." Children born from reverend Moon's seed, were held in high regard as being the supreme progenitors to form a sinless world. I read somewhere, the good reverend fathered 43 children in that manner. As the "Unification Church" became larger, the article went on to say, blood cleansing simply became 'devotion' to the reverend.

Isn't America great. Form a religion, come up with some weird doctrine, and get all the (blank) you want from woman and it is all protected under applicable law.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:05 pm

The Korean term is pikareun. It was being practiced before Rev. Moon. It seems he picked up that idea, as well as a lot of the theology and providential history that appears in the Moonie scripture "Divine Principle" from native Korean preachers who had elaborated on Christian doctrine. Koreans are intensely "nationalistic" (race and nation together), and have an easy time believing they are the chosen nation, and the messiah will be born in their land. Korea has seen a number of messiahs over the past 150 years or so. Ahnsahnghong, Pastor Jung, Sun Myung Moon, and others.

Rev. Moon has 12 children officially. I think a 13th died at birth. There were one or two others that the leaders knew about, but they were shielding the membership from knowing about them. Now they know. I don't want to get gross here, but let's just say that a couple of his children seem to have inherited his tendency towards what we call sexual infidelity but which in God's eyes may be "providential pikareun/blood-cleansing".

Dansdone
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 pm
God

Poor Rev. Moon, too bad, I don't believe he knew about the signs and tokens and of course the handshake so consequently I do not believe Joseph and Jesus will permit or allow him to pass through the veil into the Celestial Kingdom.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Rev. Moon had a lot of his own unique ceremonies. The most recent, I think was the ancestor liberation ceremony. For something like 700 or a thousand dollars, you could liberate seven generations of ancestors from spirit prison or hell or something like that. The goal was 120 generations. You do seven at a time. So something like 17 ceremonies (119 generations). 17x1000 = 17,000.

People were asked to attend his funeral. Americans were supposed to bring $1200 as a gratitude offering. I don't know how many attended. I think I saw 3 to 5 thousand in one video, and that probably was not all. For about ten days, people would come view him, and leave. Some people probably came every day, some came and left and didn't return for the funeral, some didn't come till the day of the funeral. Over a million dollars easy received as gratitude. Things like that almost inspire me to found a new religion or take over an old one. But that is contrary to my character. One thing there is, or seems to be, is endless money. I wonder if that's part of the reason his children are divided into two hostile camps. I hope they resolve their issues. They need to act more like a family, and less like Sunnis and Shiites mercilessly bloodying each other.

Dansdone
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 am
God

Of Course!, It's all about Money, even the hostile camps. Just money and power.

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm
Bishop

Location: Southern US (yes, there really is life outside of UT & post LDS)

Well, I'm just relieved us ex Mormons aren't the only weirdos out there! lol

yellowrose
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 pm
CTR B

Hmm...... pikareun...... gratitude offerings.... just when I think I've heard about every crazy thing, I learn about another!

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Rev. Moon Sun Myung, Unification Church Founder, dead at  |  Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:12 am

And now his children are fighting with court cases over who controls (owns) which part of his various projects and organizations. One side even gave a tour, giving an updated version of their central teaching, but calling one of the sons a "fallen Adam" and that son's close associate "Satan". It was kind of yucky. I saw only part of it. It wasn't very convincing. Now a daughter stepped down from her position as chief American Pastor. Seems while she was preaching purity and chastity and fidelity, she was having an affair with a married man. She was married at the time, too.

Now a son has come to the fore. Seems he conceived a baby with his second wife a wee bit before they were married. There are other things about him that some people are finding fault with.

The most alienated son seems in some ways to be the truest to the original spirit that was being taught. But he has limited resources. When his followers show up, they get kicked out. Sibling rivalry taken to a new level. He wasn't even allowed to visit his father in the hospital and wasn't allowed to attend the funeral, because he wouldn't sign some document which I presume would have been tantamount to a false confession and a submission to his more adulterous siblings, one who has since resigned, and the other which is now being pressured to also resign.