View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm
Founder

I'm finally back after a week hiatus. A week ago my brother was murdered and we buried him this Saturday. Those of you in Utah may have heard of this. It has been a seriously emotional week. My brother was only 25 years old, way too young. Service was held in a Mormon ward house, it was packed all the way to standing room only in the back for an hour. Was a beautiful service until the Bishop got up at the end and droned on about the Mormon heaven, eternal life, temples, plan of salvation and all that claptrap (thanks to Packer).

What amazed me was the outpouring of love and admiration for this young man. And I realized that I'm almost twice his age and just can't come close to the number of lives he's touched. It's going to be hard to return to work and routine without him, especially now that we are moving into the fall and the holidays are coming up.

Peace.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:22 pm
God of Mythbusters

What a shocker to read about your family situation...my sincere condolenses to you and your family for your loss...Teoma.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh, my god! I'm so very sorry to read of such a tragedy befalling your family. I have a friend whose brother was murdered and I know the struggles she and her family have been through, even many years later, trying to come to terms with it. It's never far from her mind.

How awful. This is really one of those events where the only thing you can really do is just take things one day at a time. Don't try to think beyond that, but just get through each day as they come. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving. There's not much else to do. I'm sure it's a very helpless feeling.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear of this news. I hope you don't mind if I just sent you a big cyber hug.

cjh
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm
Nursery

I am very sorry for your loss.

poliisi
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 am
Stake President

You have my deepest sympathy, even though that won't bring him back. For once, I'm speechless.

Scousette
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:56 am
Elder

My heart goes out to you. I lost a baby granddaughter in a cruel way and share your grief for your loss of what sounds like a wonderful young man and for the potential of all that he would have gone on to be. Take your comfort in your own way and at your own pace and know that the thoughts of so many people are with you and will be there for you. A big cyber hug from me too.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:40 am
God of Poly-Folly

That is a gigantic loss that I struggle to learn and hear of. You have my sincerest empathy and gestures of support during this moment. Thanks too for making your life count in such a large and importantly big, big way that your brother can always own the dedication from you for your good work here.

I'm hurting with you Infy, but keen on how long you would want your bro to suffer terribly if it had been you that had died.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:38 am
God

I'm so sorry for you loss Infy.

Peace to you and your family.

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

latellag
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 am
Teacher

Sorry Infymus, my condolences to you and your family.

Dansdone
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am
God

My sincere condolences, I can hardly imagine what you must be feeling.

My tenderest thoughts are with you and your family at this tragic and sad time, may you somehow find peace and solace.

Dan

Arrrgh
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 am
Sunbeam

Wow, what an incredibly difficult and traumatic event for you and your family. My condolences. A terrible way to lose someone...

dargo69636
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am
CTR A

Infymus, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.

hairgirl23
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Sunbeam

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

smartenough
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:53 pm
High Priest

I am sorry to hear about your loss Infymus.

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm
Founder

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. Time and only time will heal this.

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 pm

I'm not sure if time ever really heals anything. I'm still not over losing my best friend 37 years ago. Time just takes the edge off after a while, so that you can go out there and function again.

Volga
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 am
Nursery

My condolences.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

I can't hardly speak.
My older brother died, but we were half expecting it.
Such a young brother. And murder. That sickens my soul.
Life is a mystery. I've never been able to figure out why people obviously better than myself are taken suddenly, and young.
Condolences, Infymus, truly.

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Abinadi wrote:
I can't hardly speak.
My older brother died, but we were half expecting it.
Such a young brother. And murder. That sickens my soul.
Life is a mystery. I've never been able to figure out why people obviously better than myself are taken suddenly, and young.
Condolences, Infymus, truly.

Sorry to hear about your brother Abinadi. On the other hand, Infy loosing his kid brother to a beating and a stabbing sounds so planned and so truly evil, even LDS evil in nature.

The main criminal was obviously ready to get apprehended and start serving their one or two consecutive sentences.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Julian1066
Post  Post subject: Re: Finally Back, Very Long Week  |  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm
Teacher

I'm terribly sorry to learn of this, and I hope that in time you and your family will know healing and peace.

"If you must pay to get into Heaven, it's not the Heaven for you."
"I don't know that we teach that."