View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 pm

dishinger
Post  Post subject: dihinger I got this reply about ways to correct your dilem  |  Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 am
Nursery

I thought this reply was very meaningful:So I posted it here as well as a topic.Re: fr dishinger about ways to correct your dilemas
dishinger wrote:
May God or supreme force bless you as he or she already does- just listen to God or supreme force.

No what if it all is just a delusion? Have you ever contemplated with a thought that life as we know it might just be artificial simulation in some supercomputer that we are not aware of? How do you prove that there's a God or supreme power instead of just a supercomputer simulation? What would be the implications if it just were a supercomputer, what would it make us?
0. Quote poliisi

WOW, from a past Mormon saying that- I am not suprised but somewhat confused since I thought we were talking about something bigger than ourselves.God in the minds of any who see the mind as a force to do good. Yes it is all mind games if you want to call it that. It is not super computers or external worldly devises but something from within the human mind. I have tried to help many over the past 15 years with severe mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and bi-polar and always find that their minds are so confused that they have no or such very little ability to delve into their own minds for God or supreme being.We all delve into our minds many times for the wrong things and never get to the most important which is the reason why we are here at this time and place- what is our purpose-intent with thought ,action and deed. Many scientists incorrectly call it CNS central nervous system and the lower the CNS the more relaxed and less stress on the human organism. Delving into the inner parts of your mind allow you to feel you are part of God or supreme being and this causes bliss which we always want to have- why I guess because it feels good- I do not know why we seek bliss but we do. So from your bief statement I may see that you are trying to find a way around your dilemas and good for you but if I were you I would seek your own mind, trying to get rid of clutter, cultural worlds, external worlds and everything temporal and get to something more calming. Yes it takes years of struggle for someone with severe mental illness but when they finally get one tiny glimmer of seeing themselves in some tiny bliss they are the happiest people in the world and share it with others if they can. Try to sit for a short time even 5 minutes with eyes closed in a quiet room and think no thoughts- yes nothing- voidness- it is very difficult- keep trying over and over again and at some point you will feel more relaxed and may even fall aspleep. The same as falling aslpeep is very similiar to the first steps in meditation- it is calmness and yes the CNS goes down etc but it is in no way what we are looking for. We are looking for knwoledge from something we have no say in whatsoever- you can think that you nor anyone will ever have that power. It simply does not exist on this plane of existence. Try to use fixation, say for example, with eyes closed and in quiet environment say in you mind(not out loud) the syllable "mon" it means nothing -do do not get into thinking it reminds you of another word or what does it mean- it is simply the fixation for travelling into our mind. You mind will go in thousand different diretions just from "mon" and do not try to force your mind to stay fixed on "mon" but try to see it as "mon" just a syllable and nothing else. I once had a very suicidal person I will call Bob call me,who was head of Ronald MacDonald House for Sick Children in Houston and I was afraid to even get off the phone for fear he would kill himself right then- so we talked for 3.5 hours and I asked him to call me back the next day which he did- I told him the first day to get B complex 100 and take every waking hour each day for at least two weeks. On the fourth day of our 3 hour rituals I ask him if he was religious and he said "of course and pray everyday". I said you either praise God or ask for something and he agreed. I then told him I wanted him to pray for voidness using the syllable "mon" and how to go about doing it as I am telling you now. Each day he seem to get just a tiny bit better and by the fifth day I could see sentence syntax, word choice and explanations start to change- yes some was from the B complex 100 for sure.I had a phone call about the 9th telephone conversation and he blurted out " I can do it". I did not know what he meant and I asked him "do what"? I did "mon" yesterday for 10 minutes once and five minutes another time. He was jumpling for joy in his conversation. I asked him how his "mon" sessions felt to him. He said I do not really remember the length of time but I know it was at least 10 minutes because my watch said so. I asked again "how did it make you feel"? .He said he was so relaxed he did not even want to go back to work and all the noise outside the little chapel within the hospital did not make any difference. He was not only not suicidal but also experiencing someyhing very special that he would use for the remainder of his life. I had another lawyer friend I had helped in Houston years prior and I called him and asked him to get in touch with Bob . He did and now some 11 years later they are the best of friends for life. So simple little "mon" is very powerful or better yet what it does not stand for except voidness. Thank you for your reply and I hope this helps some- you raise very good thoughts but they too will change as you grow in awareness. We are all a different levels of awarness but equinimity says that we are all equal- none better and none less but just differnt levels of awareness. You are at a different level of awareness than me - you are not better nor worse than me just differnt level(not up and down please for those literalists) Ronald Dishinger 9/26/2012

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: dihinger I got this reply about ways to correct your dil  |  Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:13 am
Founder

Dihinger, I don't know what to do with this stuff. It isn't aiding in any kind of Ex-Mormon Recovery.

I'm moving it to off topic.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: dihinger I got this reply about ways to correct your dil  |  Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm

However meaningful it is, it only needs to be posted once, I think.

poliisi
Post  Post subject: Re: dihinger I got this reply about ways to correct your dil  |  Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 am
Stake President

This one is covered already in thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49820 which makes this one a duplicate and thus should be removed.