View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 pm

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 am
Bishop

Location: Southern US (yes, there really is life outside of UT & post LDS)

"BornAgainChristian" or "Grace" sure beats the much more negative yet apt alternative of "Scarlett Letter" wouldn't you agree? ROFL

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 am
Bishop

Or ex-LDS missionaries to knock on my door to try to reactivate me here! lol

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I didn't ignore your PM, BAC. I did read it. It did not seem like you were needing a response, so I didn't respond to it. If you are wondering if I am "Richard", no that is not my name. The content of the message seemed unrelated to the subject line. As far as the content goes, thank you for your sympathy and confirmation.

You should not allow someone's failure to respond to a pm or post become a major or even minor trust issue for you.

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm
Bishop

Oh, well, I wouldn't want to get anyone here in any sort of legal trouble again. I'm glad you aren't anyone from my past I shoudn't be talking to.

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm
Bishop

It's great I'm living "under grace" now right? :titter: So, I don't have to live in constant fear of breaking my born-again Christian hubby's rules or the law?

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am
God of Mythbusters

Whatever provides you comfort or release from within, Grace.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

BornAgainChristian
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:59 pm
Bishop

So, should this forum simply be renamed "Smithbusters.com" a tell-all expose designed to reveal all sordid details of Mormonism's founders? What about those of us who just want support & friendship w/o knowing it all- are we barking up the wrong tree & looking for acceptance in the wrong place yet again? If so, it seems much less honest to me than LDS missionaries :(

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: Who sponsors this group & what is their purpose?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm

I've always felt that this forum's pretty easy-going. People are here for many reasons. Its name does state that it is an ex-Mormon forum, although non-Mormons can always come in to ask questions, or people who are affected by Mormonism. People can talk about whatever they feel the need to talk about.

When I first came here, I was lost and confused and I needed some answers. The folks here welcomed me with open arms and pointed me in the right direction to research things out for myself.

For others, they've already studied and come to their conclusions, but they just remain here because they've made friends. Others of us are here to help those who are just newly searching. I often recognize that sense of loss and confusion in a newcomer. They're where I was 4 years ago.

It's not for any one group. Obviously if someone comes in preaching that the Church is true, there's a problem. But debating is allowed, in the right section, as long as it remains civil.

On any on-line forum, there will always be topics which interest you and others which don't. Search out the ones which do interest you. If you don't see one, start a new one.