View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

markrichards
Post  Post subject: Shameless Plug  |  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:02 am
Teacher

When I was a child growing up, we used to have a really obnoxious weed that we could never kill, even using a civilian version of "Agent Orange." That weed was a plant called, oddly enough, "Mormon Tea" or sometimes called Brighan Tea. Mormon tea did not have a great taste. In fact it resembled boiled grass (lawn not the grass one would smoke). My parents would put some of the new shoots in water and boil until the water had a light to medium green color and drink.

Mormon tea is really high in Ephedra which is called ma huang in Chinese folk medicine, it is a stimulant. It had a lot more punch than caffeine. The Nanny State Federal government banned Ephedra in dietary supplements but did not put it on any index or schedule of drugs like they did with substances like marijuana or cocaine. I found a company that sells mormon tea as "Brigham Tea" on the internet and like a lemming I purchased a one pound package. It resembles finely ground tea leaves. Here is the link https://www.forestrx.com/brigham-tea-powder

My Testimony:

I was having my usual Fall season congestion.....since taking about a tablespoon full of this wonderful product, my congestion is gone. The only problem is until I started getting used to this, I was staying up until 1 to 2 AM. No burning of the bosom, just insomnia.

My parents used to make me drink mormon tea during the winter, they told me it would keep me from getting sick. I always had to put copious amounts of sugar, but I never had colds while growing up and neither did my parents. Colds would go through the ward like the bubonic plague; my parents and several other families would never get sick. Odd, the other families that never got sick were drinking the same stuff. Now that I understand things a little better, maybe it was the stimulant and decongestant effect of the ephedra; rather than the usual comment which went along the lines of "Well, all of you live in an isolated areas." One girl that lived in the 'next door' farm which was a mile and a half away drank mormon tea like it was going out of style and chewed the leaves throughout the day like gum. I always wondered why she stayed so damn skinny. She was the first girl I saw that had a six pack stomach. I would deliver hay to their farm and she could pick up bales of hay and toss them like rag dolls. I dated her for a couple of months long after High School, but her vision (and the vision of her father) were a lot different than mine. That was my first experience (a bad one) that one should never date or anything else with people that one is friends with prior to entering a dating experience. After my parents died, she lurked around for a while and helped me dispose of a lot of the household goods that I had to give away or sell. I will leave it at that.

BTW, a mall store called Tevana (they sell fancy tea at fancy prices) also sells mormon tea, you just have to ask for it and some of their stores don't carry it in stock. However, their price per ounce is comparable to what I paid for a pound.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Shameless Plug  |  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am
God of Mythbusters

Is that Tevana product produced by some corporate business arm of this allegorical church?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

markrichards
Post  Post subject: Re: Shameless Plug  |  Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm
Teacher

Well, you 'axe' a fair question. I did a little 'digging around' on the company that I purchased the Brigham Tea from and who knows who or what organization owns their stock, which is a penny stock sold over the counter. "Ownership" is a real hard one to prove, technically, if you are paying into a 401 K a 459 or a Roth IRA (or a union pension fund), you 'technically' own stock in a lot of companies...some you may agree with (politically or socially) or some you may not.

My retirement fund (State Teachers Retirement System) herein called STRS, sold all their Nabisco stock because Nabisco owned an 'evil tobacco company.' The Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) did the same thing. This was a move that resembled cutting off their nose to spite their face. Nabisco only gets a portion of one percent of their total revenue (not profit) from RJR Reynolds tobacco. STRS also owns (60,000 shares) in a company called Corrections Corporation of America (private prisons) herein called the "CCA" and rakes in $1.15 cents per quarter per share dividend. Odd, that stock purchase happened around the time our state governor, Arnold Schwartzenkennedy, started shipping inmates from California State Prisons to prisons run by CCA. Even funnier the Prison Guards in CA have a very powerful union and spreads a lot of money around during the campaign season (sometimes backing both candidates in a single race). The prison guard union purchased shares in the CCA as well. So the prison guards union complains about the governor outsourcing custody of inmates to a private company and behind the back of their membership buys stock in the company they are publicly opposed to.

As far as I could tell, the term Brigham Tea or mormon tea are common names and cannot be copywrited or owned by anyone, including the allegorical church. I could be wrong.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Shameless Plug  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am
God of Mythbusters

Thanks Mark, I used to tell my students, that the only dumb question, was the one not asked.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."