View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 pm

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0DpLk ... ture=g-all

After introducing Angus T. Jones from Two and a 1/2 men, the pastor in the video with Jones opens by saying: "... he has accepted the 7th day as the Lords Sabbath Day"

The pastor has an agenda, which limits Christian salvation to a select group of Saturday Sabbath keepers called Seventh-day Adventists; and only them.

The pastor played the "one and only church card — 'One needs to accept the 7th day as the Lords Sabbath Day'"

In part two of the video Jones parrots those same words.

Back in 1996 when I began doing research on a movement which branched into the Seventh-day Adventists, I called the SDA Church and asked to speak to someone about current doctrine. A man called me back and to my shock he opened by saying, "Any sincere Christian would believe that William Miller and Ellen White are messengers sent from God."

I have since learned that Ellen's writings are on the same par as scripture. Her first vision is what the SDA Church is founded upon. I asked the man on the phone if the SDA Church really teaches that all Christians who go to church on Sunday have taken the mark of the beast. He said yes, which means that 99 percent of Christians are without salvation.

Angus T. Jones is in a cult.

For those interested here is my work on the subject: http://richkelsey.org/apocalypse_now.htm

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 am
God of Mythbusters

Rich, thanks for the update on the SDA. Looks like just another 'one and only true' business venture.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
Rich, thanks for the update on the SDA. Looks like just another 'one and only true' business venture.

Of course, Jones, who recently slamed the 2+1/2 hit show in a chucked out quote also nets around $350K per each individual episode. So, I guess he really doesn't feel all that bad about it either, while still depositing those gigantic checks into his individual bank account(s).

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Founder

I used to watch this show when it first started. It was a great show with a lot of comedy and a little sex. Now it's a show about sex with a little bit of comedy. Stopped watching a couple years before Sheen threw a tantrum and left.

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 am
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

I saw a few episodes of Two and a Half Men around the time Charlie Sheen was having his breakdown and I was not impressed with his acting skills. To me, he seemed to lack emotion; it looked like he was just going through the motions, yet, perhaps that is the new method of acting these days.
One thing is certain: back then, Charlie was throwing his money around in a careless manner; I remember hearing him paying a $30,000.00 bar tab for one night's drinking. Or was it $10,000.00? "Hey, do you have any 200 year old scotch?"

Also, CNN is saying the man on the video with Angus Jones is not a Seventh-day Adventist pastor and he is not affiliated with the church Jones belongs to. Who is that mystery man?
Rich

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 am
God of Mythbusters

Clayton Moore and his trusty steed Silver, are both gone now, so it has to be someone else..will the real dude step up and be identified?

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm
God of Poly-Folly

Maybe Jones just misses Sheen?

Anywho, here's more of today's news on the the "terrible" show.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/cbs-ceo-les-mo ... 21859.html

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

markrichards
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm
Teacher

Here is my Libertarian 'take' on this issue. The show is a little down in the ratings and Angus T. Jones wanted to 'shake' things up a little. The following week, the ratings were back up. Rating go up.....more money.

I am sure Angus has some sort of clause in his contract that says (paraphrase), "You will not talk bad about the show, producers, writers, etc., or you will be fired." I did some stage lighting for a community theatre project (I got paid for the job) that had a clause like that, I never understood why.

Regarding the SDA 'pastor' and his 'official sanction of the SDA authority." There is a very small SDA Bible College here in Sacramento. A person 'learns' the SDA 'party line," and could be 'eligible' to be 'Ordained" by the SDA church....but this school is in no way accredited or acknowledged by the main SDA body. Strange. One pays good money for a 'degree' that is not worth the paper it is written upon. I also know of Assembly of God seminaries (two in Sacramento) that have a similar set up. Perhaps this 'minister' in the Angus T. Jones affair graduated from the same type of seminary and he is acting as an independent pastor that teaches SDA philosophy, eschatology.

There are probably thousands of Churches scattered across America which have NO, Zero, Zilch, Nada 'support' from any type of large denominational body. It may be some guy/gal that could be 'called of God" to open a Church and preach. There is a very small congregation near my house that is called "Grace Baptist Church." They would out Calvin...Calvin; even more so than that funny little man who was the President of Family Radio and used to have a show called the Open Forum. His entire operation (Family Radio Incorporated) had no official backing from any large Church organization in America or overseas; to the best of my understanding. I understand Mr. Camping (President of Family Radio) attended a Church that was fairly Calvinist (a Christian Reformed Church) in its interpretation of scripture, but that Church was not responsible (nor was the main body of the Congregation) for what Camping did on his radio station.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Angus T. Jones testimony - Two and a 1/2 men  |  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am
God of Mythbusters

Religious history is already quite well filled with "rougue operators" is it not? And it isn't going to stop any time soon. The March of Folly will continue.