View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 pm

CONDOR75
  Post  Post subject: Top 13 Signs You’ve Joined A Cult (Thank You Alex Jones !)  |  Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:00 pm
CTR A

Location: 55 East 77th Street, New York City, USA American Literary Historical Society

Kim M.
Planet Infowars
January 27, 2014

1) Aggressive/continuous recruitment by leadership/members

2) Loyalty oaths/membership applications/agreements/contracts required

3) Minimum money/resource/labor/attendance commitments required

4) Charismatic/charming leadership personality (by one person, or an impenetrable core group)

5) Autocratic/authoritarian leadership style (by one person, or an impenetrable core group)

6) Top-down/hierarchical/pyramidal command/control structure – sometimes all the way down to the individual level (cf. “shepherding movement”)

7) Everyone is “positive” and “friendly” – other attitudes/emotions disallowed

8 ) Culture of consensus/shunning – questioning/bucking authority disallowed – non- conformists pushed out via peer pressure and/or formally expelled via great fanfare (i.e. made an “example” of)

9) Busywork – continuous/increasing performance of tasks/duties required, no matter how trivial/time-consuming/futile

10) Isolation – a pervasive “Us vs. Them” mentality required – “outsiders” are shunned (even family and friends), especially former members and contacts who are resistant to recruitment

11) Culture of secrecy – secret groups/gossip/gatherings and propagation of shadowy “intel” and unverifiable “inside information” (aka: “prophecies” in a religious/spiritual/metaphysical setting)

12) Culture of paranoia – everything is seen as a threat to the organization – outsiders are automatically suspect, especially former members and contacts who are resistant to recruitment

13) “Greener pastures” syndrome – continually searching out and moving to “better” locations more conducive to above 12 characteristics

NOTE: I wrote the above while thinking of Saddleback megachurch (of which I was previously a member), plus my experience with friends and family who have joined cults, multi-level-marketing schemes, fraternal and/or “service” organizations, etc.

So this applies to many other areas of life other than religion.

I’ve even seen/experienced corporations and companies that behave like this (and when you research the history of corporations you inevitably end up back in Babylon – i.e. the literal history, not the figurative state of mind).

Hence the basic take-away thought:

Control is the opposite of freedom.

http://planet.infowars.com/health/top-1 ... ned-a-cult

"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect." —Mark 13:22.

“Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.” Isaiah 43:10

myseventhheaven
Post  Post subject: Re: Top 13 Signs You’ve Joined A Cult (Thank You Alex Jones   |  Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 pm
CTR A

good one

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: Top 13 Signs You’ve Joined A Cult (Thank You Alex Jones   |  Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:02 am
God of Mythbusters

Some thing are worth remembering, like this post.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Top 13 Signs You’ve Joined A Cult (Thank You Alex Jones!)  |  Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 am
God of Poly-Folly

teoma2 wrote:
Some thing are worth remembering, like this post.

Bad sign is finding out supposed truthful LDS leaders as lying and less than honestly trustworthy.

{If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~Stevie Wonder}
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly