View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:08 pm

slcpostmormon
Post  Post subject: TV Opportunity  |  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 pm
Nursery

TV Opportunity -- Hotsnakes Media, who has done shows like Breaking Amish, are looking for people to do a docuseries about transitioning from religion. They can work around issues if people need faces blurred, etc., if there are entertaining enough stories.

If you are interested, please email a short blurb of why you would be interesting to rebecca@hotsnakesmedia.com and mention that Josh on the exmormonforums referred you.

Please keep in mind the following 1) People don't always like how they are portrayed in media 2) Things can be sensationalized 3) This may have real effects on personal lives. (Those said, as long as someone knows the potential implications, knock yourselves out!)

Here's the email blurb from Shauna:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shauna Woods and I work for Hot Snakes Media, a major NYC production company. We've produced insightful programming for TLC, Discovery, Nat Geo, and many other major, reputable networks.

We are currently developing a new television project about people seeking to make a change in their spiritual lives. We are essentially looking for individuals who are in the process of leaving their faith—this includes individuals who recently left, in addition to those who plan to leave in the near future.

I was hoping that you might have some thoughts, insight, referrals or suggestions to help point me in the right direction? I can also forward a more detailed blurb about the show that you could share within your network. Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who fits this description.

Thank you for your time and I do hope to hear from you soon!

And from Rebecca:

Hi there,

I just read the fascinating article about your group in Newsweek, and thought you might be interested in a new documentary series I'm researching.

I work for Hot Snakes Media, an acclaimed television production company based in New York City. We have developed and produced hit content for TLC, Discovery, and Travel Channel among many others.

We are currently developing a real-life series about individuals who are branching out from their respective insular religious communities. We are very interested in featuring someone leaving the LDS Church, and are wondering if you anyone in your group may be interested or know someone who may be.

Melanie
Post  Post subject: Re: TV Opportunity  |  Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 am
myself

TV Opportunity -- Hotsnakes Media, who has done shows like Breaking Amish, are looking for people to do a docuseries about transitioning from religion. They can work around issues if people need faces blurred, etc., if there are entertaining enough stories.

Are you serious? Entertaining enough stories. Go away and learn respect please.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: TV Opportunity  |  Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am
God of Mythbusters

I wouldn't be willing to do this solely for the "entertainment value" alone. There is a hell of a lot more to it, than just entertainment value alone.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."