View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:23 am

Infymus
Post  Post subject: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 am
Founder

The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York:

Quote:
The Church’s Christmas media initiative has two components—one at mormon.org/christmas, and one that includes extensive advertising in New York City. The initiative seeks to help people understand that Mormons participate in Christmas and worship Christ.

“All of our messaging is focused on helping people understand that Mormons are Christian,”

http://www.lds.org/church/news/mormonor ... c?lang=eng

How about being straight up and saying that Mormons put on costumes and chant rituals in secret buildings that only 10% of gross earnings paid as "tithes" allow entrance?

Mormonism wants people to think they are normal that they are just Christians like everyone else. Each year they get rid of more and more of their embarrassing doctrines - or doctrines that aren't politically correct anymore. Apologist attack dogs fight any critics on technicalities.

Mormonism has one thing that works for them - and that is the funneling of cash from members to the Cult coffers. This is done through mandatory tithe. And in order to make this tithe work - and make the member believe in the Cult enough to pay - they have to have the secret temple ceremonies. You have to put a ton of make believe in there.

Stephen R. Donaldson is one of my favorite authors. In one of his series of books he explained how a great and noble group of leaders were slowly corrupted through the centuries by simple infiltration of ideas. The ideas changed the group slowly until they went from helping people to human sacrifices. The new leaders of the group knew what was going on - but they surrounded themselves with those who only had faith - not knowledge. Those who had faith were much stronger because they were driven by the new cult. Those who held faith were much easier to control.

Pondering the story Donaldson had written I saw the same manifested in the Cult of Mormonism. If you have members who are so convinced you are the one and only true Cult, they will not hesitate to open their pocketbooks and hand over everything. Mormonism needs this kind of special, secret, garment wearing, new name, pay lay ale - in order to keep the tithes flowing. If the cat is out of the bag, the tithing will stop.

So the reality is there is a certain point where Mormonism must stop moving towards Christianity - it has to because money is ultimately the top priority of the Cult. Money - Power - Control.

Look at all the recovery boards right now - even the NOM boards. What is the #1 topic right now because of upcoming December? Tithing. Tithing. Tithing. Oh and don't forget tithing. Sign up for tithing settlement. And don't forget to sign up for tithing settlement.

Quote:
“All of our messaging is focused on helping people understand that Mormons are Christian,”

Naw, Mormonism isn't a Christian church. It's a secretive Cult with very cultish practices and it has to stay that way - or go broke.

productofchoice
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm
God

And Don't forget the greatest birthday of all, the birthday of Joseph Smith!!!!

Peace

"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." - Luke 8:17

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Founder

Someone on Reddit posted this today:

Quote:
Just got the weekly email from my brother who is on a mission. He said that someone from the missionary department recently visited their mission and told them that the church had purchased ALL of the advertising spots on YouTube from December 16th to December 25th as part of a big Christmas Missionary effort.

I am curious what "all" means in this situation but thought I'd pass on the obligatory "Brace yourself, even more mormon ads are coming to YouTube"

Ug. I wonder if all of this was the Cult thinking that Romney was going to win POTUS. Figuring the GOP would sweep up and Romney would ride to Washington on a white horse - they bought up all kinds of advertising all over to use the win to their advantage.

Looks like they are hitting more than just YouTube.

They keep repackaging Mormonism in this bright pretty package hoping to lure people in but once opened, the lump of coal inside is blatantly obvious.

As to "Mormons participate in Christmas and worship Christ" - it is just so unfortunate that Christmas falls so close to the Joseph Smith's birthday. When I was Mormon we spent quite a lot of time on Joseph Smith during December than we ever did about Jesus Christ. And Christmas Sunday? Stick to the manual.

Also - how about showing the world the picture of the beautiful Christmas manger scene at BYU a few years ago - except rather than Jesus - they put the baby Joseph Smith in the manger.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm
God of Mythbusters

Not only is the cat out of the bag Infy, and from what I can tell, he's running full throttle around the internet now...trust me, on that one. I think we just need to wait a little more, be patient, and the best is yet to come. Initial indications are that Membership Records are in need of extra employees to keep pace with the exodus...and from what limited local intel I can gather up here in the Lowlands, there are a lot more disaffected hidden away in society around me..we're not alone. Strength in numbers is growing..and some of us, like myself are not silent anymore...we're vocal about it in social situations. For myself, its an exciting time to be alive.

Personally, I'd like it very much if someone would change the readouts in Times Square so they would include a concise summary of The State of New York vs Joseph Smith, just for old times sake....

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm
God of Poly-Folly

It sadly comes down to what side of history you want to be found protecting as worthy of defending.

{ If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~ Stevie Wonder }
.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

richkelsey.org
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm
God of Elves, Seer Stones and a Hat

Over the last few weeks I have watched several You-tube music videos and even some movies. I like watching a song my old girlfriend Bonnie performed back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJ3ZYWR ... re=related
What bothers me is when the LDS Church has an ad on the same page. It seems like all the good pages have LDS ads on top now. They must really be getting desperate!

Subpages:
http://richkelsey.org/article_subpages.htm
Rich Kelsey

joseph's myth
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm
God of Poly-Folly

richkelsey.org wrote:
Over the last few weeks I have watched several You-tube music videos and even some movies. I like watching a song my old girlfriend Bonnie performed back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJ3ZYWR ... re=related
What bothers me is when the LDS Church has an ad on the same page. It seems like all the good pages have LDS ads on top now. They must really be getting desperate!

If the LDS church is acting out of desperation you may be a little bit or less responsible for causing it to come to pass Rich. Sorry, couldn't resist, heh, cometopass. Lol

{ If you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer ~ Stevie Wonder }
........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkkD8HU944

God of Poly-Folly Folly

Infymus
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 pm
Founder

richkelsey.org wrote:

With Firefox + adBlock - I never see these ads. I brought up Chrome and went to that link and wham, hit with a mc*onalds ad. I hate ads!

latellag
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 am
Teacher

a few years ago during my mission, I remember that Christmas time was a big "recruiting time" in Australia.
The church has spent a lot of $$$ to have those 10 sec commercials on TV, to let ppl know anyone could receive a tape / DVD about Christ or whatnot, all they had to do was call a hotline

So, the hotline would get the personal info of the ppl who called, then they'd get a call from us, the missionaries to set up an appointment. The whole process may be a bit more complicated, but in the end the ultimate goal was to have some TV exposure and referrals. We also spent hours and hours handing out free DVD's in the street, and yes we did hand out a few thousand of those locally, we had boxes and boxes of DVD's

I still wonder to this day how much $$$ the church has spent on that, while NO time was devoted to the poor and homeless around the block, our Zone Leader even told one homeless dude to " never come back again, b/c he'd disturb the peace and reverence of the spirit "

Rainfeather
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 am

Wow, that's pretty bad. It reminds me of how my boss started keeping our door locked because hungry people kept coming in asking for food. Some were about ready to faint from lack of food. One guy looked so bad that I gave him a little container of coins that we had in a drawer. My boss wasn't there at the time. I could tell that he was quite angry with me when I told him what'd happened. It was only about $5. I said, "I'll pay it back." He said, "Yes, you will!" That's when he started locking the door. It was always embarrassing to have to tell people that we weren't that kind of church. We weren't set up to help the general public. One guy said, "Oh, I see. You just help your own." I said, "Something like that, yeah."

This sort of thing reminds me of the movie Private Benjamin, where the Army recruiter guy was out there trying to recruit the vulnerable and the searching. They advertised joining up and then being sent to beautiful far-away places, to lure people in. Instead, Private Benjamin got walking for hours in the pouring rain and running until she puked.

How many people would join if the Church advertised, "Come on in, pay us at least 10% of your money, spend all of your time in meetings, and clean out toilets?"

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 am
God of Mythbusters

What side of history Joseph? The side that stands for, or represents, common sense and decency. That's the side I stand for.

"Just because you think, feel, or believe something is true, doesn't make it true!"

"The doubt of your faith, is not God testing you, but truth trying to emerge and free you."

markrichards
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:06 am
Teacher

When I was a lad, the BOM types would 'witness' their stirring 'testimony' and say they were 'christian' to the non-mordor types that I went to High School with. I was always corrected on Sunday when I said the word Christian with a resounding 'NO....we are latter day saints.' These brainwashers would always chime in and say, "We are Christian in the sense that we are followers of Christ....we have a better revelation of the 'church.' I can replay these corrections in my head. I can even remember the cheap off the rack suits these people wore.

One commenter believes the Dark Lords bought all this ad time thinking Mittser was going to win. I think deep down the Mittser knew he was not going to win. He had the guts to say something a lot of people believe.......oDumbo gave gifts to focus groups; specifically birth control pills "for free' to young women, Pell grants to illegal non-citizens and the important one to people in farm states that he won.....farm subsidies. Iowa, as a state is the largest recipient of farm subsidies with 92 percent of farmers getting money, Minnesota is number two followed by Wisconsin. Money talks....bull (fill in the rest) walks. Romney promised to get people jobs where they would have to go out and work an eight hour day; not free money, cell phones.

I was in the line at the supermarket yesterday. I saw a family where the mother was too involved in her phone conversation (actually she was doing some 'face time' activity' on her iPhone while her two children were using their smart phones, one texting one talking). The grocery bill was about $114 dollars and she interrupted her conversation enough to run her card. After processing the card the clerk said, "Remaining balance is $9.13." That tells me one thing, the family is on food stamps (or EBT cards since the government really does not hand out food stamps anymore). So I am looking at what is going on we have about $240 per month of cell phone usage going on right in front of me and the woman is using food stamps to purchase groceries. No wonder she has the bucks to have all those fancy gadgets. I stalked them to their car, the are driving a Lincoln Navigator. Nice ride.

I did not vote for Romney....I voted Libertarian; but Romney (I know I will get people to hate me in this group by stating the following), was right, he lost the election not on the issues of out of control Federal spending, the deficit or oBamacare, he lost because oBama could grant gifts, not the promise of an better business environment and an improved economy and the resulting job creation an improved business climate would make.

We can only have a Republic only until the masses can discover they can vote themselves money from the treasury. Once they can vote themselves money, they will always vote for the candidate who promises the most money from the public treasury. In Sacramento two congressional candidates always talked about some senior center. The incumbent proclaimed "I got $50 million to build that Senior Center." The opponent said, "Well, when I am in Congress...I will get you more money to build a better center." Well the challenger won, on the promise of getting more money....$50 million was just not enough. People vote their pocket books...not some philosophy of ideas. I guess I am bucking the system...I vote ideas.

Abinadi
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm

:text-goodpost:

Good post on "Bread and Circuses" and "A Chicken in Every Pot" Mark!

I worked at a convenience store when I was younger. People brought in food stamps to buy cigarettes, beer, and pet food with. They wore very nice clothes. ( I get about three fourths of my clothes at second hand stores.) These were cheerful couples, both employed, with one or two children, living in homes better than I could live in. ( I was not on food stamps.)

Hunger hasn't ended. Lyndon failed us.

When I was a kid, way back around the time they were drafting the Constitution, or a little after, there were no food stamps. If someone was hungry, their family or church would take care of them. If they had no family or church, they could always find someone in a church to help them out. In bigger cities back then - and still today until the economy stops them - there are churches and non-church charities that give free meals and distribute food. I was a recipient for about a month when I was down on my luck. Some people, I discovered, travel from city to city, to take advantage of the various charities. I know my family will not let anyone starve. We donate to panhandlers, and will do so until the Democrats impose a 100% income tax, or the Republicans round up all panhandlers. We help other ways. And others in our neighborhood, and among our friends do similarly. We really don't need the government here at all, in my "strict" opinion.

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 am
God of Mythbusters

Have to agree with you Mark, the path our domestic "Democracy" is on is bound to repeat history...people do vote for their own pocket books and when the majority find out how to work the system we have, our own Democracy will falter and crash...as it has so many times before when the suppliers are out numbered by those drawing or receiving the benefits. Its fiscal suicide.

Wm.Law
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:58 pm
2nd Counselor Bishopric

markrichards wrote:
One commenter believes the Dark Lords bought all this ad time thinking Mittser was going to win. I think deep down the Mittser knew he was not going to win.
One of my business partners watches Faux News in a big way and he expected Romney to win. He bought into the Dick Morris explanation as to why the polls were wrong in predicting an Obama win. Romney and his pollsters fell into the same trap as explained in this article in the L.A. Times: Mitt Romney pollster: Why we thought we would win. I particularly liked the way David Frum framed it in his article Paying People to Lie to You Has Consequences: "if you pay people to lie to you, you'll hear a lot of lies." I think to the core of their beings, the Romneys were preparing to move into the White House.

Whether Romney won or not, either way the "Dark Lords" wanted to have all this ad time available. Since he's lost, now's their chance. People might still have some residual interest in learning more about his faith. Strike while the iron is hot. Get the investigators while there's a chance. If Mittster had won, then the ads would be the start of a longer term strategy to overcome their image of weirdness. So, were the Dark Lords expecting a Romney presidency to be their Constantine moment? Time to move out of the religious fringe zone and into the mainstream?

this is my life
I hope they understand.
I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.

Shinedown, "Second Chance" The Sound of Madness

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:45 am
God of Mythbusters

William, I'm still waiting for Catholics to provide me with a signed death bed confession concerning their own "Constantine Moment" that they claim to have happened...so far no proof, just unsupported assertions. What else can one expect from such an alogorical position? Same with those Dark Lords in SLC...

fireweed
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 am
Nursery

Maybe the ad campaign is happening because the new book "Book of Mormon, Book of Lies" has just been published. Wow! Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzETrdxVKwo

Wm.Law
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:43 am
2nd Counselor Bishopric

fireweed wrote:
Maybe the ad campaign is happening because the new book "Book of Mormon, Book of Lies" has just been published. Wow! Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzETrdxVKwo
I think I am going to have to buy this book. One of the most thought provoking assertions is that the founding of the Mormon religion was a family conspiracy, not just Joe by his lonesome. Too often we take the claims surrounding how the BOM came into existence at face value. Think about it. There is only the testimony of co-conspirators corroborating that the young man Joe dictated the BOM on his own. The deception goes deep.

Now that I think about it more, I recall reading elsewhere about how Alvin was going to be the key to the Smith's entering the religion business. That is, until his untimely death. As for this new book, go to their website: http://www.bookofmormonbookoflies.com/.

One of the authors posted the following on the RFM discussion forum:
Hi Arend,
I just came across your post; I am the author that was interviewed by David Pakman. If you want some background on the book and my research, you can visit my website at http://www.bookofmormonbookoflies.com. There is a tab called "The Evidence" where I summarize some highlights of our book. Also, I've uploaded copies of the actual books that I used in this research and showed on the video for anyone to download and follow along my book or do the research for themselves. My goal is to be as open as I can and get others involved in their own research about this discovery. In a nutshell, the Smiths plagiarized from published travels and history books, primarily the Travels of Marco Polo. I've also decyphered Lucy Smith's book where she gives a hidden confession of who, how, and why they did it. I enjoy reading others' research on this topic and am happy to discuss it.
-Ken

this is my life
I hope they understand.
I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance.

Shinedown, "Second Chance" The Sound of Madness

fireweed
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:45 pm
Nursery

The book is awesome! I am giving it as Christmas presents!

teoma2
Post  Post subject: Re: The Cult has started a new ad campaign in New York  |  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 am
God of Mythbusters

Ahhhhh Fireweed, may the spirit of true giving prevail for you..the reviews lead me to conclude, that this book is worth investigating further...maybe in a year, our local library will have access to it....hate to purchase any more redundancy...done enough of that in my past...have invested in enough books, that I feel I don't want to keep on doing it...when you know you know, but then there are always those new perspectives to examine and the list goes on..the quest for more knowledge continues..so maybe next year I'll check it out, if its available then for patron circulation.